Thursday, January 1, 2015

Happy New Year

Happy New Year!


As another year begins, I am reflecting back on 2014. A lot happened during 2014. I am still in the social work master’s program. I completed my first four-month internship in May 2014 and began my second internship at the Division of Blind Services (DBS) in September 2014. I am enjoying the work that I am doing there.


There have been some sad events over the year. My guide dog Diesel began having problems with arthritis and bone spurs. Due to his sometimes limited mobility, I have made the heart-breaking decision to retire him in May after I graduate. I do not want to retire him, but I have to do what is best for both of us.


I am excited about what the year 2015 will bring. I also have some trepidation. I will be entering a new chapter in my life where I will not be a student anymore.

Even though I am saddened about Diesel’s impending retirement, I am excited to begin the journey of working with a third guide dog. I will be going to a month long training program at a guide dog school to train with the new dog. Once home, the dog and I will continue to grow as a team.


 I will use this blog to chronicle my journey over the next year. I want to document the wonderful experiences I will have as I expand my horizons.



1 comment:

  1. Taking time for searching about blinds fabrication is somewhat worth it, because I found many relative information that I can use in my research.

    ReplyDelete